Sustainable finance regulation
Please take a moment to listen to our podcast on sustainable finance regulation in the UK. Jessica Reed and Fiona Lowrie discuss the evolving regulatory rules for financially regulated firms. It is a highly technical area and there has been a significant amount of policy development, so we have prepared a handout (click here to view) alongside the podcast, linked below.
The areas covered include:
- What is sustainable finance and ESG?
- Brexit and the UK approach to regulating sustainable finance
- The introduction of mandatory climate change disclosures
- The introduction of SDR and labelling requirements
- ESG guiding principles for funds
- Practical considerations for affected firms
This publication is a general summary of the law. It should not replace legal advice tailored to your specific circumstances.
© Farrer & Co LLP, March 2022